Restaurants and retail stores open in Mount Pleasant

Downtown Mount Pleasant remains on May 30 quiet during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Many Mount Pleasant restaurants and bars will reopen starting on June 8 after Gov. Gretchen Whitmer announced on June 1 that she is moving the entire state of Michigan in Phase Four of the MI Safe Start Plan.

Under the executive order, occupancy levels in restaurants, bars and cafes is limited to 50 percent. In addition, tables inside and outside of businesses will be spaced apart to help meet the guidelines of social distancing.

Some restaurants are keeping dining rooms closed and continuing take-out service, curbside pick-up and delivery through online and phone orders.

Mount Pleasant restaurants opening for dine-in service this week include:

After City Commissioners passed a resolution last month to allow businesses to operate with outdoor activities, some of the businesses will soon implement outdoor seating.

Although not all Mount Pleasant retail stores have announced reopening plans, here is  are a few of the retail stores that are reopening:

• Hobby Lobby opened May 29. Store hours are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
  • The Hall of Heroes in downtown Mount Pleasant reopened May 30. The store is open noon to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
  • Antiques and Uniques Marketplace reopened May 22. Store hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day.
  • Maurice's is scheduled to reopen next Friday, June 13.
  • GameStop reopened on May 2. Store hours are noon to 8 p.m. every day. It has a limited store capacity of 5 customers at a time.
  • Trillium Fine Clothing in downtown Mount Pleasant reopened June 1, but they are only open by call-ahead shopping appointments. Store hours are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday.

For more information about how to stay safe during the state's reopening, please visit the CDC website for guidelines and safe practices.