Crime Log: Older Man pulls knife on younger woman in the park

shop-with-a-cop3273

A Mount Pleasant Police Department car sits outside Walmart on Dec. 12.

The following incidents from May 20 - May 31 were among the complaints the Mount Pleasant Police Department responded to:

May 20

Officers were dispatched at noon to a domestic dispute between a father and a daughter on South Main Street. The daughter assaulted the father. When the father tried to restrain her, she bit him. When officers arrived, they did not charge or arrest the girl because she was a minor. The case was then turned over to the prosecutor's office.

May 23

Officers were called to a residence at 8:47 p.m. for a possible overdose on Maple Street. When they arrived, they found a man who appeared to be in medical distress, but who was still conscious. Officers called an ambulance and he was rushed to the hospital for medical attention. After being assisted at the hospital, the officers found out he was on probation. Officers contacted the probation office to report the incident.

May 24

Officers were dispatched at 3:42 p.m. to a residence for a dispute on Fancher Street. The male caller told dispatchers that a woman was “out of control.” Upon arrival, officers found a boyfriend and girlfriend fighting and suspected that alcohol was involved. Officers found that the man had significant injuries to his forearms. The 56-year-old Mount Pleasant woman was arrested on a charge of domestic violence. 

May 29

Officers were called at 3:11 p.m. to a residence on Andre Street to investigate an argument that was happening outside of a residence. The caller  witnessed a man and woman physically fighting on their porch. The man reportedly was holding the woman down with his arm around her neck. 

Upon arrival, police found they were no longer fighting. Neither the man or woman were cooperative when speaking with officers. Both officers separated them outside on the street in front of the house. The woman seemed intoxicated and disorderly with the officer, screaming and yelling in the street. 

The 18-year-old Mount Pleasant woman was arrested for disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace and resisting arrest.

May 31

Officers were called to a dispute at 2:11 p.m. in Park West Recreation Fields. 

Police found that a 43-year-old man and an 18-year-old woman had been fighting. The man pulled out a knife and threatened the woman. The man admitted that they had been fighting, and upon further investigation a folding knife was recovered from the man. The woman said that she was fearful for her safety. The man was arrested on a charge of domestic assault.