Voices that Matter: Black Lives Matter to occur virtually June 4

voices-that-matter-black-lives-matter

Central Michigan University's Office of Diversity Education will be hosting a virtual event to continue the conversation about Black Lives Matter.

The video conference, Voices that Matter: Black Lives Matter, will take place at 7 p.m. June 4 via Zoom. In order to obtain a link to this webinar, register online by 3 p.m. the day of.

"We wanted to create a safe place for anyone within the university community, but in particular students, who needed a safe place to be able to talk about the current events related to diversity and social justice, especially around the deaths that have been happening with black people in police custody," Office of Diversity Education Director Nikita Murry said. 

Attendees will be given the opportunity to join the conversation in the virtual round table.

"This is an opportunity for allies to learn something," Murry said. "If you come into the space, and you're coming into the space with the intention of becoming an ally, the best thing to do would be to listen and to learn how this event is hitting People of Color, particularly those in the African-American Community."

After the event, CMU faculty, staff and students will be able to watch the conversation on the Office of Diversity Education website.