Music review: Jetpack On!

Indie rock/alternative

4/5

Jetpack On’s first album, “Jetpack On!” highlights the group’s versatile ability to portray many different music influences, while still holding on to their own sound.

A strong indie rock vibe is definitely present, but do not be surprised to hear tastes of classic rock as well.

The album will take people through past or even current relationship journeys, exploring the insides and outs of love, jealousy and trust. After listening, don’t be alarmed if you find yourself taking a second look at your love life.

“Best I Can” takes you through the importance of the message to never lose who you are and to always focus on yourself before anything else. Crisp beats and sweet guitar riffs collide with strong vocals and dig deep into your heart to remember who you are.

“Save My Soul” encourages finding yourself and not being taken away from challenges in relationships, or just life in general.

During “Here Again,” you cannot help but to find yourself remembering the time you said you would never go back to that person again or do that one thing again that you swore to yourself you would never do. We find ourselves in places sometimes that we do not want to be in, and this song explores the aspect of facing those people and places.

As you get carried away with smooth guitar licks and sweet powerful lyrics with “Don’t Feel a Thing,” I suggest sitting down, relaxing, and doing some major thinking because this song will truly intrigue you.

Everyone always seeks trust and a positive connection in a relationship and in “Where Do We Go From Here?” simple chord progressions highlight a simple concept of understanding when to take something to the next level.

Get ready to hear some strong vibes of U2 and The Police in “Another Surprise” as you listen to similar guitar patterns and beats that will definitely sweep you off your feet. This album will have you wanting to take another good look at life and you will be surprised of where you can end up.