Local talent performs comedy at Broadway Theatre tonight, Sunday

Gratiot performer Paul Tedhams showed his love of magic to the Broadway Theatre Friday night.

He brought 15 years of experience with disappearances, card tricks, rope knots and levitating batons to the stage at 216 E. Broadway St.

“My shows tailor to the five year old all the way down to the 99 year old,” Tedhams said.

Which fit the age range of the audience – from infants to senior citizens.

If you go... What: Magical Night of Comedy with Paul Tedhams When:at 7 p.m. tonight and at 2 p.m. Sunday Where: The Broadway Theatre, 216 E. Broadway St.
The Off Broadway Dancers performed five different routines throughout the show.

There was a special performance done by one of the Broadway Playhouse Kids, Brogan Sprague who started the show by singing “Don’t Know Why” by Norah Jones, “Bubbly” by Colbie Coillat” and “White Horse” by Taylor Swift.

It was the children’s smiling faces and silly behavior that seemed to win the crowd over as everyone filled the theater with uproarious laughter.

“My favorite part was just seeing all of the little kids up on stage”, said Brittany Adam’s, Tennessee Grad student and first timer at the Broadway.

Despite the love for the cute children and the comfortable seats, Adams was not impressed by the overall performance. She said that it lacked “good delivery” in comparison with other magic shows she has attended like Penn and Teller.

“If I had to grade the show on a scale of 1-10, it would be in the negatives”, Adams said.

There were several other audience members who did stay and who did enjoy the show.

Devin Weekley-Dean, Mount Pleasant High School freshman, said his favorite aspect of the show was seeing the young children’s involvement on stage while operating the spotlight for the performance.

Weekley-Dean has been working at the Broadway for the past two years and has been acting there since 2001. He is casted in A Christmas Carol coming to the Broadway Dec. 3, 2010.

Although it was his first time seeing a magic show, Weekley-Dean said this performance has made him want to see more in the future.

Tedhams, with the help of his audience, made his performance very funny, allowing all people to be a part of his “deep-rooted love” for magic.

A Magical Night of Comedy with Paul Tedhams will run again Saturday at 7 p.m. and on Sunday at 2 p.m.