'Scrubs' a cappella group The Blanks performing at Plachta Auditorium tonight

“Scrubs” fans and those who can appreciate some comedy in their a cappella have a lot to look forward to tonight.

The Blanks were often featured on the popular television comedy “Scrubs,” and one of their singers, Sam Lloyd, played the reoccurring character Ted Buckland. The free show is scheduled for 8 p.m. in Warriner Hall’s Plachta Auditorium.

“They are planning something big for this show,” said The Blanks’ manager Adam Sloat.

“This is a first. Have you seen ‘Avatar’?” he said. “If so, then you know a little bit of what to expect. Seriously, ‘Avatar.’ Think ‘Avatar’ big.”

Allegan junior Steve Lewis, president of Program Board, is excited for The Blanks’ arrival at Central Michigan University.

“We looked into them during the summer and they’re very relevant to the student body,” Lewis said, “so that’s why we asked them to come.”

Sloat said The Blanks are eager to visit the campus.

“The Blanks are coming to Central because you guys demanded it,” he said, “but who wouldn’t want to be a part of the Chippewa’s energy for a night.”

Sloat said they had a great eight years being featured on Scrubs, but now they are bigger and better than ever before with new material to share on Friday that goes beyond a cappella singing.

“The Blanks were the most popular choice when we did a poll on campus, so it should be a promising show,” said Bay City Sophomore Kasey McFarland, Program Board’s comedy chair.

Sloat said The Blanks combine vocals, talking toys and sketch comedy in a performance that “boggles the mind and will excite the senses.”

Rochester Hills freshman Miranda Sigelko is a “Scrubs” fan who is also looking forward to The Blanks’ show.

“It should be a really great show, especially if you like comedy and music,” Sigelko said.

The fun is not over after the show is done, though.

“After the show, the band will be selling merchandise and taking pictures with anyone who sticks around,” McFarland said.

BOB 1

If you go...

When: 8 p.m. Friday

Where: Plachta Auditorium

How much: Free