Off the field: CMU softball infielder Amanda Patrick

Staff Reporter Matt Thompson sat down and talked to senior infielder Amanda Patrick before her game against Michigan. Patrick, holding a .322 batting average, is leading the Chippewas with 25 RBIs this season. She’s also second on the team with four home runs:

Matt Thompson: What is your favorite place to eat in Mount Pleasant? Amanda Patrick: I don’t know. I actually like Stan’s. It’s my favorite. It’s a homemade everything, it’s southern and I like southern food.

MT: Why’d you decide to come to CMU? (Patrick is originally from Tampa, Fla.) AP: I transferred here (from Saint Leo University). When I got the opportunity to play here, coach Jonker is obviously a legend. It’s a honor to play here.

MT: What kind of music do you listen to? AP: Rap.

MT: Whose your favorite rapper? AP: Lil Wayne and Wiz Khalifa.

MT: If you weren’t playing softball what sport would you play? AP: Basketball. I played point guard and shooting guard (in high school).

MT: What’s your favorite part of basketball? AP: Shooting... Winning.

MT: What do you want to do after CMU? AP: I kind of want to go to grad school. That would include me getting a graduate assistant position somewhere, but I have no idea where. I want a masters in consulting. Later in life I want to open my own business, but obviously that can’t happen now being a broke college student.

MT: What’s your favorite thing to do outside of softball? AP: Just hanging out playing Guitar Hero. (I like to) drink coffee and watch TV.