SRCEE provides students with opportunity to showcase exhibits

Jessica Parij’s will be participating in the Student Research and Creative Endeavors Exhibition for her second time this year.

Parij, a Warren senior, created the exhibit the "Google and Disney: The Road to China." The exhibition is a great way to both learn and to share your expertise with others, she said, who hopes to help educate people on China.

This is the 18th annual SCREE. The exhibition will be held in Finch Fieldhouse from 1 to 4 p.m. on April 20 and is free to the public.

“My favorite part though, is walking around and looking at everybody else's posters," Parij said. "Semesters of work went into these projects and it's great to see everybody's hard work.”

The Exhibition is comprised of creative performances, case studies, demonstrations, internship experiences and over 360 poster displays created by 550 Central Michigan University students, said Lisa Boyd-Devers, director of domestic graduate student services and one of the exhibition organizers.

“I was awarded the Robert Newby Fund to Support Student Diversity Efforts for a research paper I wrote titled Still Silent: American Sign Language's Fight for Recognition. Part of the scholarship is the opportunity to present my research at Student Research and Creative Endeavors Exhibition,” Nicholas Royal, a Techumseh junior said.

Royal said his exhibit focuses on the treatment of American Sign Language in college universities.

“I think SRCEE is a great opportunity for students to be recognized for their work and for others to learn about all of the research and work their peers are passionate about.” Royal said.

Boyd-Devers said the event will begin with an opening ceremony in which University President George Ross will honor the inaugural President and Provost Award winners for undergraduate research.

The President award winners are: Garden City senior and former Student Government Association President Brittany Mouzourakis; Samik Upadhaya, a Nepal senior and West Chester junior Andrew Walker.

The winners of the Provost award are: Traverse City senior Myles Boothroyd, Krista Dornbos, a Hudsonville senior; alumna Stephanie Fettig, Autumn Haagsma, a Plainwell senior; Clare junior Jason Luna; Troy junior Ben Touchette; Emily Turbiak, a Livonia senior and Owosso freshman Robert Wyse.