Strategic Planning Committee team set, work to begin 'in the next few weeks'

The Strategic Planning Committee has been formally charged and is co-chaired by Claudia Douglass, interim vice provost for Academic Affairs, and Barrie Wilkes, associate vice president and controller.

University President George Ross made the announcement Tuesday in an internal communication.

“Working with senior leadership and the university community, the team will develop the institutional vision statement, determine broad strategic initiatives, identify priorities, and recommend action plans and measurable outcomes,” Ross’ message said.

The 14-member team will begin work “in the next few weeks” and finish by March 2012.

Ross said the team will use the new mission statement and core values, the Presidential Transition Team reports and the university’s goals to achieve its tasks.

The Central Michigan University Board of Trustees approved a new mission statement during its February meeting. Ross received the completed Transition Team reports on Feb.1.

The following individuals are on the team: Jason Bentley, director of First Year Experience Charles Crepsy, dean of the College of Business Administration Tracy Galarowicz, associate professor of biology Pamela Gates, dean of the College of Humanities and Social and Behavioral Sciences Denise Green, associate vice president of Institutional Diversity Bryan Griffin, director of Annual Giving, Development and External Relations Merodie Hancock, vice president and executive director of Off Campus and Online Programs Lori Hella, interim-associate vice president of Human Resources Steve Lawrence, associate vice president of Facilities Management Lauren McConnell, assistant professor of Communication and Dramatic Arts Vincent Cavataio, president-elect of the Student Government Association Orlando Perez, chairperson of the political science department

Check back cm-life.com for more updates