CM Life volleyball athlete of the year: Lauren Krupsky

ek_sportrait_04-copy
Erica Kearns/Staff Photographer

Lauren Krupsky

This season was a banner year for senior outside hitter Lauren Krupsky.

The Livonia native became the 13th player in Central Michigan volleyball history to register 1,000 kills in a season. Krupsky led all Chippewas with a 3.33 kill per set average. She had a season-high 21 kills against Creighton, reaching a career total of 1,238. Krupsky is seventh on CMU’s all-time kills list.

Last season, Krupsky claimed four all-tournament honors on her way to an All-MAC selection and was named to the Academic All-MAC team in 2010. Krupsky’s point contributions made a huge impact for the Chippewas as she averaged 3.75 points per set for a total of 1,402 in her career.

She also was awarded first-team All-MAC and Academic All-MAC in 2009, during which she averaged 3.75 kills per set. In 2007, she was named the MAC freshman of the year behind her 2.25 per set kill average as well as hitting over 10 kills in eight matches.

Honorable Mention: Kaitlyn Schultz

Junior Kaitlyn Schultz came on strong in 2010 as she finished the year with a first-team All-MAC selection. The Highland native led the team with a 90 blocks last season and finished third in the conference with a .361 hitting percentage and 312 total kills.

The middle blocker recorded double-figure kills in 15 matches throughout the season, including a career-high 24 kill performance in October during the first round of the MAC tournament. During the week of Nov. 18, she was subsequently award the MAC West Player of the Week. Schultz went on to win the award again during the week of Oct. 25 after she combined for 31 kills in two matches.

Honorable Mention: Lindsey Dulude

Sophomore Lindsey Dulude transitioned into the outside hitter position with ease in 2010 as she averaged 2.37 kills per set and 1.67 digs per set.

The Midland native had her breakout performance at the College of Charleston Invitational in September, where she notched 21 kills, 10 aces and 32 digs, helping lead the Chippewas to victory. Dulude record 12 double-digit kill matches, as well as six double-figure dig efforts last season. She also recorded three double-doubles this year, which is a combination of double figure kills and digs.