Program Board Week will include variety of events

Program Board will kick off its annual Program Board Week Friday with the Chiddy Bang and the Cool Kids concert.

The week consists of an event put on by the Program Board each day. The organization is split into six committees and the week caters toward each of them, said Program Board Vice President Miranda Endres.

“We have a committee for comedy, concerts, film, speakers, daytime special events and culture,” the New Baltimore junior said. “With such a diverse set up this year, a large variety of people will be attracted to our different events.”

The organization expects a big turn out for the events. Comedian Kyle Cease is making a return to CMU at 7 p.m. on Saturday in Warriner Hall's Plachta Auditorium and is expected to bring around 400 people, said Program Board President Paul Sullivan.

The Allen Park senior said the main goal of the week is to showcase what Program Board can do as far as organization and getting students interested in joining and partaking in the events.

“The promotion of the organization as a whole is just an added benefit of (the week),” Sullivan said. “However, our concern is the students. We want to make sure everything we bring students like and welcome feedback.”

Sullivan also said the event was moved from the spring semester to the fall. He said fall semester is when people are more willing to accept a new organization and join with a long-term commitment.

The week will feature a sex education presentation, The J-Spot, on Tuesday at Plachta. There will also be a showing of the cultural film, “Mooz-lum,” with a follow up question and answer session with director Qasim Basir, and a movie screening at the SAC pool.

For more information about the week, students can visit the Facebook event page, "Program Board Presents: PB Week"