COLUMN: Top 10 most anticipated movies of 2012

I have worked in the movie industry for nearly four years now, so I consider myself quite the expert.

Okay, so popping popcorn and sweeping the floor might not exactly count as the “movie industry,” but you get my point.

I see almost every movie that comes out, from blockbusters and kids' movies to under-the-radar limited releases. While I’m usually not a harsh critic, but I can still tell when a movie is sub-par.

Needless to say, this is an exciting year, and I can already tell it will be a great one for cinephiles. If the world really does end this year, I believe the film industry will end on a high note.

I’ve put together a list of the top 10 movies I am most anticipating in 2012. It was hard getting the list down to 10, so I’ve added a few “honorable mentions” at the end.

10. "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" — I loved this book, but I’m not sure how well it can be pulled off in movie-form.

9. "The Amazing Spider-Man" — It may seem like they just finished the movies with Tobey Maguire, and that’s probably because they did. Nevertheless, I’ve been a fan of Andrew Garfield ever since I saw "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus." I’m hoping he excels as much as Maguire did.

8. "Snow White and the Huntsman" — I’ve rekindled my love of fairytales since watching ABC’s "Once Upon a Time." Snow White is no exception. As much as I despise Kristin Stewart (isn’t Snow White supposed to be, you know, happy?), I’m a big fan of Charlize Theron and Chris Hemsworth, so I’m hoping it will still be good.

7. "Chimpanzee" — I love the Disney Nature movies. And really, who wouldn’t want to watch a movie about Ugandan chimps?

6. "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" — Wait, you didn’t know all the Confederates were vampires?

5. "Dr. Seuss’s The Lorax" — "The Lorax" is my favorite Dr. Seuss book. I’m really hoping the movie doesn’t kill it.

4. "The Dark Knight Rises" — I’m sad to see the end of Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy, but I’m also really excited to see how it ends.

3. "The Avengers" — Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, the Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye together at last? I’ll even get over the fact they replaced Edward Norton with Mark Ruffalo. It’s going to be amazing.

2. "Life of Pi" — One of the best books I’ve ever read. Literally. And no, it’s not about math. I promise.

1. "The Hunger Games" — Amazing story. The trailers make it seem like they have followed the book very well. I just hope the rest of the movie is the same way.

Honorable Mentions:

"Men in Black III" — The trailer was cool, but it looks like it’s changing the story from the first two. It might work. It might not.

"The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2" — I’m not looking forward to the movie. I’m looking forward to the “saga” ending.