Gymnastics earns its 23rd straight MAC win by beating Bowling Green

The Central Michigan gymnastics team defeated Bowling Green 193.050 to 191.950 on Saturday night.

The victory marks the 23rd consecutive victory for CMU (4-0, 1-0) over Mid-American Conference opponents.

Head coach Jerry Reighard predicted that senior Kristin Teubner, and sophomore Brittany Petzold would step up and lead the team against Bowling Green. His prediction was spot on.

Both scored of over 9.7 on an event. Teubner scored a 9.825 on the floor, while Petzold scored a 9.8 on the bars. Both finished with identical 38.200 all-around scores. The first-place finish for Petzold was her second straight.

Freshmen Rebecca Druien scored a 9.775 on the balance beam, a season high. The youth movement included sophomore Meaghan McWhorter, who posted a 9.75 on the floor and a 9.8 on the vault.

Bowling Green was led by Megan Harrington, who compiled an all-around score of 37.925. In Danielle Wishart only event for BGSU, she scored a 9.85 on the vault.

Central Michigan held a decisive advantage on the balance beam, and bars, outscoring the Falcons by a one point in each category.

The Chippewas will try and continue their streak of domination over MAC opponents when CMU hosts Ball State on Jan. 21st.