The Broadway Bistro opening next month; owners hope to offer healthy option

Mount Pleasant will have a new vegetarian option for dining out when The Broadway Bistro opens next month.

Joe Henning and Will Scott are opening the restaurant at 1010 W. Broadway St.

“We’ve noticed there aren’t a lot of places for vegetarians to eat in Mount Pleasant, so we wanted to make sure to cater to those customers, as well as our customers who like to eat healthy,” Henning said.

The new restaurant will be serving up fresh sandwiches, soups, paninis and grilled wraps. Low-calorie options can also be found on the menu.

The bistro will have a delivery service in hopes of catering to people without cars.

“This restaurant will be like no other," Scott said. "We have a lot of healthy food available, and with the delivery service, our customers won’t even have to leave their house or business; we’ll come right to them."

Henning is also the owner of Central Michigan Catering, where he works with Scott.

Scott said he has been waiting to open his own business for quite a while. He is currently Henning’s chef at Central Michigan Catering, and the two have known each other for more than five years.

Scott said he is ready to be his own boss and is excited to see where the Bistro will lead him in his career.

Carson City senior Lindsey Brown said she is looking forward to The Broadway Bistro opening.

“I’m really excited for a healthy restaurant to come to Mount Pleasant," Brown said. “It opens up a lot of opportunities for jobs, as well as good food.”

After remodeling the building, Henning and Scott both said they cannot wait for opening day.

The two owners spent two months on the remodeling project and are relieved the restaurant is almost ready to open. They are looking to hire and encourage anyone interested to come by the restaurant to apply.