Time & Talent Auction raises $2,200 for Art Reach

artreachfundraiser
Bethany Walter/Staff Photographer Danae Hunter of Mount Pleasant participates in the Time and Talent Auction event for the Art Reach of Mid Michigan on Thursday night at Coco Joe's Beach House, 4855 East Blue Grass Road. "I came out to support Art Reach." Hunter said.

Gladwin resident and Board of Directors member Kathy Netzley said she was happy to bring something new to the table for Art Reach.

At 6 p.m. on Thursday night, Coco Joe's on 4855 E. Blue Grass Road held a fundraiser called the Time & Talent Auction on the organization's behalf.
Art Reach Director Kathy Hill said they would auction off services, such as a gourmet dinner for four, horse back riding lessons and wine tasting, to the person offering the highest bid.
"It's a new thing for us, so we're just gonna give it a shot," she said.
Netzley, who suggested the idea, set two horse back riding lessons up for auction, which received a $125 bid.
"I hope it will be really successful. It's a really cool idea and no one has ever done it before," Netzley said. "A lot of volunteers are board members, supporters and community members who support our cause."
Isabella County Sheriff Leo Mioduszewski volunteered to give a tour of the jail facility and let the highest bidder spend a day with him.
Mioduszewski said this is the first time the police department has worked with Art Reach.
"We (the police department) try to work with as many civic organizations as possible," he said. "If anybody asks us for our participation, we're more than happy to help."
Mount Pleasant resident Carole Howard was the only one who made a bid on Mioduszewski's offer.
"I like Leo," said Howard, who has known Mioduszewski for 10 years. "I thought it would be fun to ride in his car for a day."
Howard also contributed to the fundraiser as a volunteer. She said she has been a member for 25 to 30 years, teaching art classes and donating paintings.
"I'm a painter and I offered my skills to paint mail boxes," she said.
Union Township resident Pam Stovak made the highest bid of $225 on a private plane ride for two.
About 40 people attended the auction, and only two of the 28 offers ended up not being sold.
Rosebush resident Ed Zebrowski was the auctioneer for the function and said Netzley was satisfied with the turnout.
"I talked with Kathy (Netzley) and she said they raised $2,200 and their goal was to raise at least $2,000, so they reached their goal," Zebrowski said.