MUNCHIES IN MINUTES: Shrimp lettuce wraps

I am preparing Shrimp Lettuce Wraps because I wanted something that goes along with a Spring theme and this dish is fresh light and flavored with essences of Spring.

This dish is simple too and it takes only a few minutes to prep, prepare and devour.

Basically we just need to go to market and pick up a few items. I really wish we had those fresh food street markets like in New York City. Wow what fun it was to walk around and just come up with fresh ideas for dinner and at such a reasonable price too. I love creating dishes by looking recipes on the Internet but I change them to what I think would taste better in my book.

I came across this recipe the other day but I didn’t like how it was prepared so I changed the sauce and the lettuce used and preparation of the shrimp to my liking and found this recipe to be fabulous.

Grab a bag of uncooked peeled and deveined shrimp from freezer section or if you like to peel and devein, then do it up.

Grab some marmalade in this recipe I am using orange but I bet a mango chutney would be great too.

Get your barbeque sauce but get an Asian flavor and julienne a washed and peeled cucumber for inside the wrap.

For the wrap part I am using some Boston lettuce because I like the color of green it offers and the leafy shape forms a great wrap like snack for the munchies.

Now don’t forget to view the video for these dishes that way you can see the quick preparation method and listen to me babble on about how simple this dish is. You can view the any video from Munchies in Minutes at cm-life.com in the multimedia section.

Ingredients:

• 15 shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • Oil
  • 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1/3 cup orange marmalade, eyeball it
  • 1/2 cup hoisin or bold barbecue sauce
  • Boston lettuce for wrapping
  • 1/4 cucumber, julienne slice
Preheat a grill pan over high heat. Toss shrimp with a drizzle of oil and season with red pepper, salt and black pepper. Mix barbeque and marmalade add shrimp turn and baste liberally with sauce. Cook a minute or 2 longer then transfer to a serving dish. To eat, wrap shrimp in lettuce with cucumber.