Week 7: The three week struggle begins with Bobcats at Ohio

Seth Newman staff reporter (6-0): I don't expect this game to be competitive, but that doesn't mean CMU can't grow from it.

Quarterback Cooper Rush needs to avoid his first quarter pick that has plagued him the last few games. Ohio has three dangerous receivers who will put points up and also has an experienced coach in Frank Solich. He will make sure Ohio doesn't look past CMU.

The running game will also be something to watch, as sophomore running back Saylor Lavallii had career highs in carries and yards last week. If CMU can keep the score within 10 points that should be a moral victory. But I don't think that's going to happen.

CMU 21, Ohio 45

Aaron McMann senior reporter (5-1): I want to think CMU has a chance to win this game, but I'd be lying if I wrote that they did.

I don't see a blowout like North Carolina State, but quarterback Tyler Tettleton and this offensive line will allow the Bobcats to score some points.

Rush is going to have to stay mistake-free throughout and Lavallii is going to have to establish a presence early to stay close. I just don't see that happening.

CMU 17, Ohio 34

Jeff Papworth staff reporter (5-1): There is no reason to think Central Michigan will win any of its next three games, including the one on Saturday at Ohio.

The Chippewas have proved nothing thus far, beating two teams with a combined record of 1-8. Ohio is the first of three teams that they will face that has a quarterback that will pick them apart.
Tettleton gives the Bobcats something at the position that is lacking at CMU: Experience. The quarterback has tallied 68 touchdowns in 31 starts and will add more to his total as his team blows out the Chippewas.
CMU 17, Ohio 42
Kristopher Lodes sports editor (5-1): The only way the Chippewas win is if Ohio's coach Solich and quarterback Tettleton miss the game.
Even then I think the team will have a tough time slowing down the Bobcats offense that averages 29.8 points per game and allows only 20.8 points per game, good for 33rd in the nation.
Expect turnovers from Rush and company and Ohio to take advantage.
CMU 13, Ohio 35