Week 11: Chippewas are back on the field after a 17-day break

Seth Newman staff reporter (7-1): Central Michigan has had a ton of off time to prepare for the high-powered offense of Ball State.

Its first goal should be stopping Ball State quarterback Keith Wenning, who leads the Mid-American Conference in passing yards and ranks sixth nationally. Ball State put up 48 points on Virginia, and you have to believe they will put up points on CMU.

This game will be a shootout with the extra preparation, and Ball State could be looking ahead to their clash with Northern Illinois, which will decide the division.

I actually expect a close game. Ball State pulls ahead in the end but don’t expect a blow out.

Ball State 42, CMU 35

Jeff Papworth staff reporter (6-2): The football team has scored no more than 26 points in a game this season, while the team it’s playing, Ball State, has scored at least that many in every game this season.

So, look for a blowout in Muncie, Ind. The only kind of battle Central Michigan can win is a defensive battle, and the Cardinals will not let it turn into one.
BSU quarterback Keith Wenning will be too difficult to stop, as he has tossed 23 touchdown passes and completed 62.4 percent of his passes for 2,865 yards this season.
Ball State 42, CMU 21
Aaron McMann senior reporter (6-2): Seventeen days between games will prove to be beneficial for CMU, who will come out fast like the Northern Illinois game.
In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chips take an early lead, but Ball State at home will settle in with its offense and have a big second half. Like Jordan Lynch had on the ground, expect a big game passing from BSU quarterback Keith Wenning. The CMU secondary just isn't good enough to keep up this receiving corps. CMU keeps it close for a while, but the Cardinals pull away in the second half.
Ball State 38, CMU 21
Kris Lodes sports editor (6-2): It has been quite some time since we've seen the Chippewas in action, and I think there will be a lot of similarities between this game against Ball State and the last game against Northern Illinois.
Both the Cardinals and the Huskies have stellar quarterback play; the difference is Jordan Lynch killed CMU with his feet, while Keith Wenning will do it with his arm. The Chippewas are coming off a 17-day break between games and are well rested and healing, but that long rest can create some rust. CMU keeps it close in the first half but won't finish anywhere near BSU.

Ball State 35, CMU 21