Baseball opens MAC play with series win at Ohio, third-straight series win

An offensive outburst in the eighth inning Saturday led to baseball clinching its third-straight series victory of the season with a 10-2 win at Ohio.

The win at Athens also insured a series victory in the opening weekend of Mid-American Conference play.

After piecing together a run in the first and fifth innings the Bobcats tied the game with two runs in the seventh inning off senior right-handed pitcher, Pat Kaminska.

The Chippewas didn't stick around with Ohio for long as they took the lead with an RBI single from sophomore Morgan Oliver.

The Regnier brothers added a RBI each with junior Nick was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded and sophomore Logan hit a sacrifice fly to tack on another tally.

Junior Tyler Huntey was back to his MAC Player of the Week form as he hit a two-run RBI double before junior Cody Leichman added the sixth CMU run in the eighth inning. What was a 2-2 game when Kaminska ended the seventh inning was a comfortable 8-2 lead in the middle of the eighth.

Kaminska, along with senior Kenton San Miguel, kept the Bobcats at two while the Chippewas added two more unneeded runs in the ninth.

FRIDAY

In the opener it was a pair of runs in the third and fourth innings leading to the 6-3 win in Athens.

Leichman hit a two-run triple in the third inning as he hit three RBIs in the game while Logan Regnier added a two-run RBI single in the fourth to take a lead his team wouldn't relinquish.

Junior right-handed ace Jordan Foley got the start went 6 1/3 innings as he received the win.

He was aided by sophomore left-handed pitcher Adam Aldred who threw 2 2/3 innings in relief as he picked up the save.