The Grove apartments still signing leases ahead of fall semester

The Grove, a new off-campus apartment complex, will be welcoming its first tenants on Saturday.

Located at 4950 Chandler Road, it is the newest apartment complex developed by Campus Crest Communities, the same corporation that owns Copper Beech apartments. The corporation owns 82 properties across the country.

According to a financial report, The Grove in Mount Pleasant cost an estimated $24.1 million dollars to develop and will have 216 units.

Ted Rollins, chief executive officer of Campus Crest Communities, said in a press release that Grove apartments are doing well nationally.

“We believe our continued focus on operations supports the success we have seen year-to-date and will be instrumental in maximizing our value potential,” Rollins wrote. “Our wholly-owned Grove portfolio has achieved the highest level of pre-leasing activity in the Company’s history at this point in the cycle.”

Nathan Steguis, a senior from Grand Rapids, said he looking forward to living at the Grove this year because its amenities and staff.

“The community looks like a lot of fun with the outdoor pool and basketball court,” Steguis said. “Also, the management at The Grove actually seems to care about the students living there.”

The Grove is signing leases and giving tours of the complex.