College Democrats host Candidate Showcase

Candidates from all over mid-Michigan will spend Sept. 22 with the Central Michigan University College Democrats during their candidate showcase.

The event, which will take place from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the University Center Rotunda, will feature speakers like Fred Sprague, Jeff Holmes and 99th House District candidate Bryan Mielke.

Sam McNerney, President of the College Democrats, hopes the event will encourage students to come and meet Democrats on the midterm election ballot so they can know who they can vote for and the platforms the candidates are running on.

“The main purpose of this is just so students can know and talk to candidates in a sort of an informal way,” McNerney said.

The night will be split into two parts. The first hour and a half will feature a chance to meet with Democratic candidates and party members from across the state, tabling with event goers in a way that McNerney describes “like MAINstage.”

Keynote speaker Gretchen Whitmer will talk during the second half of the night, and refreshments will be provided for those in the audience.

The event is free and open to the public.

For more information, students are urged to check out the College Democrats at Central Michigan University Facebook page or come and attend the showcase event.

About Jordyn Hermani

Troy senior Jordyn Hermani, Editor-in-Chief of Central Michigan Life, is a double major ...

View Posts by Jordyn Hermani →