By the numbers: CMU's win over Buffalo

By the numbers: CMU’s win over Buffalo

By Taylor DesOrmeau

Staff Reporter

25 – The number of rushing yards for Buffalo’s Anthone Taylor. He came into Saturday’s game 10th in the country in rushing yards.

5 – The number of consecutive games sophomore quarterback Cooper Rush has thrown for more than 200 yards. This is also the number of times Rush was sacked Saturday.

3 – The number of rushing attempts for senior running back Thomas Rawls before leaving the game with an apparent leg injury.

3,322 – The number of career receiving yards for senior wide receiver Titus Davis, moving him into second all-time in CMU program history. Davis had six catches for 100 yards Saturday.

3-for-4 – CMU’s efficiency on fourth down. Both teams passed up all chances at field goals due to the wind, although Buffalo was only one-for-three on fourth down.

98 – The number of yards the Chippewas drove to take a 20-14 lead in the fourth quarter, the longest drive of the year in terms of yards, plays (16) and time elapsed (9:29).

70 – The number of rushing yards junior running back Saylor Lavallii had in 2014 before this week. He ran for 80 Saturday.

2009 – The last time the Chippewas had five victories before Nov. 1. The 2009 team finished the season 12-2.

8 – The number of penalties for CMU, totaling 49 yards. The Chippewas had 10 penalties in last week’s loss to Ball State.

0 – The number of games Buffalo had played coming into Saturday since firing their head coach, Jeff Quinn.