Campus Programming Fund denied $125,000 increase

maggie_and_chuck
Student government association vice president candidate Margaret Blackmer, left, and president Chuck Mahone, right, in 2015.

Central Michigan University’s Campus Programing Fund will not be seeing an increase for this academic school year.

In Feb. of 2015, Student Government Association President Chuck Mahone went before the Budget Priorities Committee to request the nearly $800,000 group fund receive an additional $327,000. The committee told Mahone to lower the suggested increase to $150,000 before bringing the request before President George Ross.

Of the increase, roughly $120,000 would be set aside for SGA’s Student Budget Allocations Committee which funds multiple Registered Student Organizations across campus. The other $30,000 would go to Program Board.

Damon Brown, director of Student Activities and Involvement, said the CPF has not seen an increase in funds since 2000.

This year, the CPF will operate on its original $700,000 budget. A near $30,000 increase, which the funds saw last year, came from a carry forward fund. This meant funds left over from 2013-2014 could be applied to the 2014-2015 school year. There were no carry forward funds from last year.

As of now, Mahone has not heard back from the Campus Budgeting Committee as to why the increase of funds was denied.

About Jordyn Hermani

Troy senior Jordyn Hermani, Editor-in-Chief of Central Michigan Life, is a double major ...

View Posts by Jordyn Hermani →