Rapid Reaction: Central Michigan 195.175, Ball State 194.575

The Central Michigan gymnastics improved their conference record to 2-0 with a 195.175 to 194.575 win over Ball State Sunday.

Freshman Kasey Janowicz won the all-around for the fifth straight meet.

Vault

Senior Karlee Teet led the Chipppewa vault squad with a score of 9.775, tying her second-best score of the season. 

CMU trailed Ball State after the first rotation, despite having four gymnasts score higher than a 9.7.

Uneven Bars

CMU stormed back in the second rotation, taking the lead from Ball State on the bars. 

Teet was once again the highlight of the event with a bars career-best of 9.925. CMU had a season-best bars score of 48.95. 

Three gymnasts scored a 9.8 and above. Janowicz also recorded her season best with a score of 9.8. 

Balance Beam

Janowicz stole the show in the third rotation, scoring a career-best of 9.9 on the beam. Sophomore Katy Clements followed with a 9.825.

CMU entered the fourth and final rotation with a 146.025 to 145.925 lead over Ball State.

Floor Routine

Senior Taylor Bolender led the way for the Chippewas on floor, setting a season high and tying her career high of 9.925. Following close behind was sophomore Macey Hilliker, who scored her career-best 9.875.

The Chippewas' 49.15 on floor is the highest score of the season for any event.

What's Next

CMU will travel to Eastern Michigan next Friday. CMU shares the top spot in the Mid-American Conference with Eastern as both maintain a 2-0 conference record. The meet begins at 6:30 p.m.