Kidney Crusader 5K run registration to end Friday

logo

Registration for a superhero themed 5K race hosted by Central Michigan University’s Physician Assistant class ends at 11:59 p.m. April 8.

Between 65 and 70 runners have already registered, said Clarkston graduate student Kelli McKay, but the class aims is to have more than 75 participants registered by Friday.

The run is scheduled to take place from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on April 10 at Deerfield Nature Park.

Online registration costs $25 with a $2.50 sign-up fee. Signing up in-person costs $15 with a $2.50 sign-up fee and signing up in a group of four costs $60 with a $3.60 sign-up fee. The registration and the packet pick-up will start at 9:30 a.m. at the Deerfield Nature Park. The run will began at 11:00 a.m. and will end at 12:30 p.m.

The event is a fundraiser to benefit the National Kidney Foundation of Michigan as well as helping to fund the graduation ceremony of the PA Class.

The class doesn’t have a specific fundraising goal in mind but would like to match or exceed last year’s fundraising total of around $1,000.

Since 1996, the PA class has fundraised through various events over the years. Last year’s class hosted a 5K race/walk fundraiser but with an obstacle course involved with the event. 

“We thought it would be fun to do a superhero themed 5K,” McKay said.

Refreshments and a prize drawing for participants will take place after the conclusion of the race.