RedBloom Center for Community Wellness has grand opening

The RedBloom Center for Community Wellness had their grand opening from tonight in downtown Mount Pleasant.

The center is located in downtown Mount Pleasant at 206 W. Michigan Rd. 

RedBloom offers services that support personal well-being and foster a healthy and mindful community. Life coaches, addiction counseling, herbalism workshops, massage therapy, aerial yoga and astrological services from Astro Dharma Den are also offered through the center, said Kris Batzner, a partner at RedBloom.

"We started with (the business) Kula Yoga Outreach and I wanted a place where people can come to practice yoga without any preconceived notions that you have to be highly skilled," Batzner said. "(RedBloom) a place where anyone can come to practice yoga. What I really want to see is a sense of community. I want this to be a place where people can come to do yoga and hangout in a very relaxed environment."

People of all ages came and sampled foods, wines and teas as they toured the studio. Live music was also performed in the main room for patrons. In the back reading room, groups of people lounged around in the chairs and discussed the different aspects of the studio and what each room is intended for.

"I love the atmosphere and what they stand for and I really think this is a place where people can find themselves and be with other like minded individuals," said Lisa Foster, 37, from Mecosta County. "I really want to see this place grow and bloom and have people feel like this is like their second family."

Redbloom isn't just for yoga, however. Many different businesses exist within the RedBloom Center such as RedBloom Yoga, CranioSacral therapy, holistic medicine and Astro Dharma Den, which offers a host of astrology services such as palm and tarot card readings.

"I am a holistic life coach, a recovery coach, and an astrologist, I like to use these methods separately as well as together in my therapy," said Michelle Hawley-Whitney of Astro Dharma Den. "I believe this center is a beautiful way to bring people together in a holistic way and I want to see a strong sense of community."