Pitch to the Pros event to prepare teams for New Venture Competition

19293_logot

More than 20 student-led teams that plan on participating in the upcoming New Venture Competition will display their start-up ideas in front of business professionals Feb. 23 at the third annual Pitch to the Pros event.

Hosted by the College of Business Administration, the event takes place from noon-3:30 p.m. in Grawn Hall. 

Six business professionals will be present and provide their expertise to aspiring entrepreneurs. Each business professional will be given their own room to meet individually with four to five of the student-led teams.

Bruce Marble, executive director of the Central Michigan Entrepreneurship Institute, encourages students to make the most out of the opportunity by making a connection with the professionals present.

“They want try to leverage that opportunity to get to know the (business professional) and to basically make sure they get as much input as possible into what they think should be done to be successful,” Marble said. 

Each team was required to turn in an executive summary and financial table of their idea so the business professionals can take a look at it ahead of time.

After giving a two-minute pitch, each team will sit down with their business professional and receive feedback and critique.

The event is the last chance for teams to receive feedback from professionals before the New Venture Competition in April.