Annual communication conference to take place Feb. 22

19293_logot

The sixth annual MUG Communication Conference will take place from 1-4 p.m. Feb. 22 in Central Michigan University Moore Hall 105.

Graduate and undergraduate scholars from across the region will present papers on compelling topics for awards and feedback. Eastern Michigan University, Western Michigan University, Wayne State University and Saginaw Valley University will all have students representing them. 

Three CMU students will be reading their submissions at the event: Graduate student Stacie Keipinger, graduate student Rachel Masch and graduate student Iruoma Ezumba.

The event is supposed to create a platform where college students from all over the state of Michigan can present their research in the field of communication. All students are welcome to attend, but presenters had to send in papers in advance. The papers were reviewed, and the top papers were admitted for presentation.

The day is divided into panels. During each panel, students will present their papers and then it will be opened to a Q&A session. 

“The event brings students from various institutions in Michigan to Mount Pleasant,” said communication and dramatic arts faculty Joseph Packer. “We get to hear lots of interesting ideas.”

The event will be open to the public, and anyone is welcome to attend and listen to Michigan students present their research in their fields.