Frost earns sixth-straight MAC West Player of the Week award

wbb-vs-buffalo07
Senior forward Reyna Frost waits to take a free throw against Buffalo on Feb. 2 in McGuirk Arena.

She did it again, but what else is new?

For the sixth-straight time and 10th total this season, Central Michigan senior forward Reyna Frost was named the Mid-American Conference West Division Player of the Week for her performance on the court.

In road victories against Ball State and Eastern Michigan, Frost averaged 23.5 points and 14.5 rebounds. She has 25 double-doubles this season, which ranks third in the nation behind only Iowa's Megan Gustafson (27) and Cal's Kristine Anigwe (29).

Frost ranks No. 4 in the nation for her 378 rebounds in 2018-19, and she is second with 13.5 rebounds per game.

Against the Cardinals, she logged 26 points and 15 rebounds, shooting 11-of-19 from the field. When the Chippewas went to Ypsilanti for an in-state battle against the Eagles, she put up 21 points and 14 rebounds while shooting 8-of-13.

Buffalo's Cierra Dillard won the MAC East Division Player of the Week for tossing in 33 points, five rebounds, six assists and 2.5 steals per game throughout the past seven days. Dillard ranks second in the nation in scoring (25.5 points per game), first in free throws made (186) and second in free throws attempted (233).

CMU earned an 81-64 win against Ball State and dropped Eastern Michigan, 87-60, just a few days later. With both wins, the Chippewas are 22-6 overall and 13-3 in the MAC, which leads Miami (Ohio) and Ohio by one game in the league standings.

With a win against rival Western Michigan at 7 p.m. Wednesday at McGuirk Arena, coach Sue Guevara's group will clinch at least a share of the MAC regular season championship.