CM Life alumna Nicole Roberts recounts her time in student media

In a series of interviews, we asked our Alumni about their experiences at CM Life. Read on to see how Nicole Roberts shares her "Life Story."

nicoleroberts

In celebration of CM Life's upcoming 100 Year Anniversary, we asked alumna Nicole Roberts to reflect on her time at CM Life and how it helped her get prepared for the job she has today.

Q: What year did you begin working for CM Life?

A: I began working for CM Life in the Fall of 2014

Q: How long were you here?

A: I was at CM Life for three years.

Q: What position did you work in?

A: 2014/15 – PR Executive

2015/16 – Assistant PR Manager

2016/2017 – PR Manager

Q: What were some of the highlights or favorite memories while working for CM Life?

A: CM Life was more than just a job to me. It brought me some of my best friends, taught me more than words can describe and challenged me to always be better. When I think back to my three years at the organization, there isn’t one particular memory that sticks out. Instead, I’m reminded of the lifelong friendships that were formed and the countless lessons that were learned.

Q: How did your experience at CM Life influenced your career, today?

A: CM Life allowed me to come out of college with a strong work ethic and an eagerness to learn more. I felt like I was a step ahead of others because I already had real-world experience in the industry before graduating.

The CM Life network is incredible as well. I’ve worked with numerous CM Life alum (both journalists and PR pros) and whether they graduated at the same time as me or 25 years before me, I quickly learned that CM Lifers are always looking out for other CM Lifers. #CMLife4Lyfe 

Q: Do you still keep up with CM Life regularly?

A: Yes! I find myself being continuously blown away by the fantastic work the staff produces every year.

Q: Where do you work now?

I currently work at Weber Shandwick, Detroit with a focus on health care and auto/technology media relations.

The 100 Year Anniversary celebration will be at Soaring Eagle Casino and Conference Center on Nov. 16 at 5 p.m. Click here to purchase tickets. They must be purchased by Nov. 13 at 4 p.m. in order to attend.