Mount Pleasant Farmers' Market to open with new safety guidelines
Mount Pleasant Farmers' Market will open June 4 with new safety guidelines due to COVID-19.
Thursday sales will be from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 4 through Oct. 29 at Island Park. Saturday sales will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 20 through Oct. 10 at Town Center/Downtown.
"The market will follow recommendations from federal, state and local health officials to assure a safe environment for both shoppers and vendors," Farmers' Market Coordinator Carol Moody said.
Like many other businesses, a limited amount of people will be allowed into the market at a time and all attendees must wear a face mask.
Other guidelines for the 2020 Mount Pleasant Farmers' Market include:
- Maintain 6 feet social distancing from one another.
- Follow the one-way foot traffic patterns, including the designated exit and entrance.
- Only send one member per household to the market.
- Products will be selected and bagged by the vendors. Do not touch products.
- No pets.
- Shop quickly, with a shopping list.
- Pay using credit/debit cards, food assitance tokens or exact change. No change will be given.
"I think we are going to have a lot of demand," Moody said. "People want to know where their food is coming from and buying from a market is definitely one of those ways."