Crime log: 17-year-old arrested for violating no-alcohol order

shop-with-a-cop3273

A Mount Pleasant Police Department car sits outside Walmart on Dec. 12.

The following incidents were among those handled by Mount Pleasant Police Department from July 1 to July 22

July 9

Officers were called to a house on East Broomfield Street for a possible case of domestic violence. When officers arrived, there were two roommates arguing. One roommate had slammed a door and the other roommate claimed that her arm was in the doorway. However, no medical attention was needed. Both roommates were discussing moving out after the incident. No arrest was made and a report was sent over to the prosecutor's office for review.

July 12

One night an officer was on general patrol to watch for individuals possibly breaking into vehicles. At 12:36 a.m. the officer stopped a 17-year-old man who appeared to be intoxicated. Upon further investigation it was found that he was on probation with a no-alcohol order. The man was then arrested for probation violation and taken to Isabella County Jail.

July 16

Officers were called around 2 p.m. by a witness reporting a possible assault outside a house on Isabella Road. Upon arrival the officer found a husband and wife whom they suspected were intoxicated. Witnesses told the officer that the husband and wife shoved their neighbor to the ground because she had picked up their dog and accidentally dropped it causing the dog to get hurt. There were also some witnesses who said that the woman did nothing and then the husband and wife shoved her. A warrant request was then sent to the prosecutor’s office for the husband and wife’s arrest.

Officers received a court order to pick up a woman for a mental evaluation. The woman was picked up at her home by the officers around 5 p.m. and transported to the hospital where she received treatment.