SGA VP Brett John Houle resigns, Brandon McDonald to become new VP

dec-3-sga-6

SGA member Brett Houle speaks at the student government association meeting on Dec. 3, 2019 in the Bovee University Center Auditorium.

Brett John Houle resigned from his position as Student Government Association Vice President on Nov. 24, 2020, effective on Jan. 5, according to an SGA press release over Facebook

He will be moving on to the position of Senior Office Specialist in Student Employment Services full-time at Central Michigan University, Houle said.

“It has been my goal to advocate for students in my time and have had the honor and privilege to be able to meet with numerous folks and help voice their concerns to the administration of CMU," Houle said in a press release,

SGA President Katie Prebelich said that she will miss singing “Hamilton” at the top of her lungs along with Houle in their offices and shouting through the wall to each other about anything. Yet, she “couldn’t be more excited” about the job offer.

“It’s going to be weird not seeing him every day and having him being literally a foot away from me,” Prebelich said. “That’s by far my favorite memory and the thing I’m going to miss the most.”

Brandon McDonald will replace Houle, according to the press release. He was recently appointed as SGA’s Chief of Staff, and previously worked as the Academic Affairs committee chair and on the executive board in Academic Senate, Prebelich said.

“I’m really excited to see the new ideas (McDonald) has,” she said. “We’ve already been talking trying to figure out how we can bring some new energy back into SGA and how we can try to make some real change because it will be both of our last semesters (next) year.”