Presley Hudson joins CMU basketball staff

cmu-vs-msu33
Senior guard Presley Hudson looks for an open pass on March 23 at the Joyce Center.

Presley Hudson is back in Chippewa colors. 

After one season as an assistant under Shane Clipfell at rival Western Michigan, Central Michigan basketball's all-time leading scorer is joining CMU's coaching staff as the Director of Player Personnel. 

"I'm super excited to have the opportunity to bring Presley back to CMU," said Chippewa head coach Heather Oesterle. "I'm looking forward to watching Presley work with Molly Davis and our other young point guards who will be here next season, Hanna Knoll and Lisa Tesson." 

In her playing career, Hudson scored 2,309 points from 2015-2019. She helped the program win four consecutive Mid-American Conference regular season titles and also a MAC tournament title in 2018. 

Following the MAC Tournament victory in 2018, Hudson and the Chippewas upset nationally ranked LSU and Ohio State en route to a Sweet 16 appearance. The following year, the Chippewas lost in the MAC Tournament semifinals but earned an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament. 

After graduating from CMU, Hudson earned a training camp invite with the WNBA's Seattle Storm. She ended up playing one professional season in Europe before joining WMU's coaching staff in 2020. 

Hudson's former teammate and CMU all-time leading rebounder Reyna Frost is the Chippewas' Director of Basketball Operations.