Football games against LSU, WMU unveiled as night games
When CMU makes the trip to Death Valley on Sept. 18, the Chippewas will clash with the Tigers under the lights in Baton Rouge.
The program announced kick-off times for 10 of its games on Thursday.
CMU's 2021 campaign will start with a trip to Missouri on Sept. 4 with a kick-off time slated for 4 p.m. The Chippewas open their home schedule at 3 p.m. against Robert Morris on Sept. 11.
The Chippewas second game against a Southeastern Conference opponent comes against LSU in Tiger Stadium at 7:30 p.m. and can be seen on the SEC Network. The Tigers claimed the 2019 College Football Playoff National Championship and own one of the most unique atmosphere's in college football.
CMU begins its Mid-American Conference slate with three-straight 3:30 p.m. kickoffs against three of the four MAC teams from the state of Ohio with back-to-back road games against Miami (Ohio) and the University of Ohio.
The 93rd clash between CMU and arch-rival Western Michigan will take place in Kalamazoo at 7:00 p.m. on Nov. 4 and can be seen on the ESPN 2 or ESPNU. The matchup between the Broncos and Chippewas starts a stretch of three-consecutive Wednesday night games with CMU hosting Kent State Nov. 10 and travel to Ball State Nov. 17.
The Chippewas conclude their 2021 regular season at Kelly/Shorts Stadium at noon on Friday, Nov. 26 against Eastern Michigan.
Homes games against Florida International on Sep. 25 and Northern Illinois on Oct. 25 were not announced.
- Saturday, 9/4: at Missouri, 4 p.m. ET (SEC Network)
- Saturday, 9/11: Robert Morris, 3 p.m. ET (ESPN3)
- Saturday, 9/18: at LSU, 7:30 p.m. ET (SEC Network)
- Saturday, 9/25: FIU TBD
- Saturday, 10/2: at Miami (Ohio), 3:30 p.m. ET
- Saturday, 10/9: at Ohio, 3:30 p.m. ET
- Saturday, 10/16: Toledo, 3:30 p.m. ET
- Saturday, 10/25: NIU TBD
- Wednesday, 11/3: at Western Michigan, 7 p.m. ET
- Wednesday, 11/10: Kent State, 7 p.m. ET or 8 p.m. ET
- Wednesday, 11/17: at Ball State, 7 p.m. ET
- Friday, 11/26: EMU, Noon ET
* Home games indicated in BOLD