CMU announces 'Get Vaccinated, Win Prizes' incentive program

we-do-community-17
Signage raising awareness to COVID-19 safety and health guidelines is displayed Aug. 26 outside Warriner Hall.

In an email on Monday, Central Michigan University Communications announced that there will be four prize drawings for students that are fully vaccinated. 

Students have to register with the link in the email and they only have to register once to be included in all four drawings, winners will be randomly selected. Winners must show their vaccination cards to receive their prize.

Each drawing will have 101 winners. One student will receive a scholarship equivalent to a full year of tuition, another 100 students will receive $75 Visa gift cards. All students who enter will receive a 20% off coupon to the CMU bookstore, which can be picked up at Bovee University Center in the Student Service Court. Global Campus students may use the code “CMUVIP” for online orders.

All students, including undergraduate, graduate and medical students are eligible and only one credit hour is required to enter. Students attending classes online or through global campus are also eligible. Students may register as soon as they receive their final vaccine.

The scholarship money is intended for any educational expense which means students who already have scholarships are still eligible.

Students who choose to register should be aware that CMU may publish the name, image and directory information of the scholarship winners, according to the Terms and Conditions.

While students are not required to get the COVID-19 vaccine to return to campus, CMU is strongly encouraging students to get vaccinated to protect themselves and the campus community. They hope this incentive will increase the number of people age 16-29 who are vaccinated, as this age group has low vaccination rates in Isabella County, said Vice President of student recruitment and retention Jennifer DeHaemers.

Additional information can be found on the Frequently Asked Questions page or in the Terms and Conditions included in the email and registration page.