New PNC Bank branch joins CMU campus

cmu-branch-ribbon-cutting

PNC's new branch on Central Michigan University's campus opened with a ribbon cutting on Aug. 24. Courtesy photo

PNC Bank opened a new branch on Central Michigan University’s campus on Aug. 24, located at 103 E. Preston Road.

The bank will operate Monday-Friday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The branch will service over 19,000 students, in addition to faculty and staff, with a variety of digital banking options. 

CMU students will have the opportunity to utilize PNC’s first video banking ATM available in Michigan. The technology will “allow customers to complete teller transactions during extended hours, seven days a week, by interacting with a remote banker via an audio and video connection,” PNC wrote in a press release.

PNC's new video banking ATM is available in Michigan for the first time at the CMU branch. Courtesy photo

The branch will also showcase ATMs, a banking kiosk, screen-mirroring capabilities and workstations of the future utilizing tablets or mobile devices.

CMU’s campus branch opened following the creation of PNC’s new Low Cash Mode digital offering. Low Cash Mode is available for students, staff and faculty to avoid overdraft fees.

In the PNC press release, Tim Salisbury, PNC’s regional president for Mid-Michigan, said he was excited to collaborate with CMU again.

“We’re excited to serve students, staff and the community through this state-of-the art branch, which features cutting-edge technology and world-class products and services,” Salisbury said.