BREAKING: Davies selects search committee for next provost
Central Michigan University has started its search process for a new executive vice president/provost according to an Oct. 12 press release from University Communications.
Current Provost Mary Schutten announced her intent to step down in September. She will officially leave the position Dec. 31.
"The provost is the university's chief academic officer and works with the president to set CMU's academic priorities and to allocate resources to achieve those priorities," the press release read.
The university appointed consulting firm Greenwood/Asher & Associates to assist in the nationwide search. The firm has aided CMU in several vice president searches in recent years.
During the provost search in 2019, CMU hired WittKieffer to oversee the process which ended up costing the university about $121,000.
President Bob Davies appointed a 25-person search committee that consists of faculty, staff and students. The committee will be chaired by Betty Kirby, interim dean of the College of the Arts and Media.
The other search committee members are:
- Jennifer DeHaemers, vice president, student recruitment and retention
- Shawna Patterson-Stephens, vice president and chief diversity officer
- Ray Christie, senior vice provost academic administration
- Ernie Bedford, executive director of Global Campus Enterprise
- Colleen Green, director of Native American Programs
- Eltaro Hooper, civil rights and Title IX investigator
- Kathy Irwin, dean of libraries
- Brad Swanson, director of Graduate Studies and biology faculty
- Katrina Piatek-Jimenez, chair of the Academic Senate and mathematics faculty
- Kate King, Student Government Association president
- Alejandro Salais, graduate student
- Lisa Gandy, computer science chairperson
- John Allen, earth and atmospheric sciences faculty
- Jodi Brookins-Fisher, health sciences faculty
- Tracy Davis, English language and literature faculty
- Matthew Katz, philosophy and religion faculty
- Michael Mamp, fashion, interior design and merchandising faculty
- Stephanie Mathson, library research and instruction services faculty
- Margaret Mayes, broadcast and cinematic arts faculty
- Amy McGinnis, management faculty
- Robert Noggle, philosophy and religion faculty
- Hajime Otani, chairperson of psychology
- Neli Ragina, foundational sciences faculty
- Kyle Pybus-Jerome, ceremonies and events coordinator, President's Office (Administrative Support/Human Resources representative)
The campus community can provide input to the committee via open forum. Forums are scheduled from 11-11:45 a.m. and from 2-2:45 p.m. Monday, Oct. 18 in the Bovee University Center Terrace Rooms C and D.
Individuals who are not able to attend the open forums may submit comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.