Award-winning breakfast spot opens doors in Mount Pleasant

Storefront for new Mount Pleasant breakfast location.

Award-winning Midland-based breakfast restaurant Omelettes & More opened its third location in Mount Pleasant on Tuesday, Nov. 9.

The new restaurant is located at 1705 S Mission Street next to Liquor 1. This is the third location for the breakfast and lunch restaurant, originally called Lasko's Omelettes & More after founder and owner Lasko Laskaj. 

Omelettes & More specializes in breakfast food and homemade soup but also serves lunch and even offers carry-out for customers concerned with COVID-19.

Laskaj began his career in foodservice as a busboy in 1999 and eventually worked his way up to owning his own breakfast restaurant in 2014.

"I've been in the restaurant business a long time – since I was 24," Laskaj said. "I love it, it's my passion to do this."

In 2015 Laskaj's first restaurant was voted best place for breakfast by readers of the Midland Daily News. Since then, Laskaj has earned awards for his restaurants every year for best breakfast restaurant and most bang for your buck categories. 

Laskaj's second location in Bay City was nominated best breakfast joint in Bay City by Great Lakes Bay Magazine in 2019.

“We are number one in Midland, number one in Bay City, I hope we will be number one here,” Laskaj said.