Three ceremonies scheduled for Fall 2021 Commencement

1e521503-a7b8-418d-9d63-72066ea3ab53
A student’s decorated cap, reading “How did I get here” at the 2021 commencement ceremony, Saturday, May 8.

The Fall 2021 commencement ceremony will take place on Dec. 18 at McGuirk Arena and will be split into three ceremonies. 

The undergraduate ceremonies for the College of the Arts and Media, College of Education and Human Services and the Herbert H. and Grace A. Dow College of Health Professions will take place at 9 a.m.

The College of Business Administration, College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences and College of Science and Engineering will take place at 1 p.m. 

The graduate ceremony will take place at 5 p.m. and will include graduate certificates, Master’s degrees, Specialist degrees and Doctoral degrees.

All graduates should arrive one hour before the ceremony and will be required to complete a health screening through the CMICH Healthscreen app. At registration, they will be required to show the completed health screen and have their temperature taken.

The graduate’s seats will be socially distanced. After walking across the stage, graduates will leave the arena and rejoin their families instead of returning to their seats.

Graduates are advised to leave their belongings with their families and be dropped off in lot 62 and enter through the front door of the Student Activity Center to register.

All attendees will be required to wear masks and asked to stay home if they are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms. Attendees with bags will be required to submit to a bag check before entering the arena.

More information about the ceremony, protocols, parking, accommodations, diplomas and photography can be found on CMU’s website. The commencement schedule is also available.