CMU men's basketball recognizes it's three seniors before taking on Kent State

b766e07d-243b-4813-8f9d-778a944f711a
Sydney, Australia, grad student Cameron Healy looks on as the game progresses against Kent State, Saturday, Feb. 26.

McGuirk Arena was packed as the three seniors were recognized before Central Michigan men's basketball took on the Kent State flashes on Saturday. 

Ralph Bissainthe, Cameron Healy and Harrison Henderson were recognized by their teammates, coaches and fans. 

“They are what you look for in veteran college players even though they all have not been here for four years they have been somewhere in college athletics for four years and they have brought all of that experience to put a positive stamp on this program for what we are trying to establish ourselves to be as a program,” said head coach Tony Barbee. “I am proud of all of them, Cam, Harrison and Ralph.”

Bissainthe was one of the only four returning players from last season has continued to show strides in his time at CMU. Bissainthe played at the University Illinois- Chicago where he spent two years before transferring to his home state of Florida to play at Florida Southwestern College for one year before landing at CMU. 

In his first year at CMU Bissainthe played in all games and made five starts. He averaged 7.7 points and five rebounds a game. He is now at a season high point of 27 and a season high of 12 rebounds. Bissainthe has continued to thrive in rebounding the ball. He is the rebound leader for CMU and is ranked 11th in the MAC in rebounds. Bissainthe has led the Chippewas in rebounding for 11 games.

Healy is a graduate transfer from University of Albany and has been a menace for opposing teams from beyond the arc since the day he stepped onto the court at McGuirk. Healy has endured many obstacles in his short time at CMU, from a broken nose leaving him to wear a face mask and even going cold from beyond the arc for continuous games left him looking for his groove.

Healy has been a strong asset to the Chippewas. He has produced when his team has needed him the most and it is noticed by the CMU fans. From game tying threes and bringing the Chippewas back into the game after deficits he has left the CMU fan base chanting M-V-P. Healy has a season high of 32 points and a season high of seven 3-pointers. Healy is ranked eighth in the MAC in 3-point field goal percentage. 

Henderson is known as the well-traveled Chippewa. He made multiple stops before he finally found his home at CMU. Henderson has had success in multiple categories in his short time at CMU. This season he has had 14 games scoring double-figure games and is at a season high of 25 points.