Board of Trustees to meet this week, here's how to address the board

The Central Michigan University Board of Trustees met for its formal session Feb. 17 in the Bovee University Center President's Conference Room.

The Central Michigan University Board of Trustees will hold committee meetings and a formal session April 20 and April 21.

This will be the fourth board meeting in the 2021-22 academic year. 

Both meetings will be open to the university community and the general public via livestream. Up to 25 individuals may attend in person.

The following committees will meet Wednesday:

• Academic and Student Affairs, 1:15-2:15 p.m.
  • Finance and Facilities, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
  • Trustees-Faculty Liaison, 3:45-4:45 p.m.
  • Trustees-Student Liaison, 5:00-6:00 p.m.

The Academic and Student Affairs Committee will receive updates on the CMU Mentor Collective program, innovation efforts and online learning. The Finance and Facilities Committee will then continue its discussion on the Washington Commons project which received strong disapproval from the campus community at the last board meeting. 

The Trustees-Faculty Liaison Committee will hear a presentation on the New Venture Challenge and discuss faculty workload. Finally, the Trustees-Student Liaison Committee will hear from Student Government Association (SGA) leadership along with Program Board and Residence Housing Association

Committee meetings at the Feb. 16 Board of Trustees meeting went over the Washington Commons project, student engagement, the new Structured Language and Literacy Intervention Certificate and the CMU Student Food Pantry.

The formal session will begin at 11:30 a.m. Thursday and will focus mainly on enrollment efforts. The board also will approve 2,509 May graduates and approve emeritus status for long-serving faculty and staff. 

Individuals who wish to address the Board during public comment must submit a request in advance of the meeting. Complete the online form, “request to address the board,” or visit the Office of the President to complete a request card. 

Public comments will be delivered in the order they were received by the Board Secretary. The policy governing public comment is included in Article IX on page 13 of the Board of Trustees bylaws.