SGA passes new legislation during house and senate meetings on April 4

sga-4-4-2
The student affairs commitee meets on Monday, April 4, in the Bovee University Center.

During a Student Government Association meeting on April 4, the house voted to pass nine pieces of legislation and the senate passed four pieces of legislation. 

Legislation passed by the House

“A Legislative Bill to Create a Student Government Association Orientation Video,” authored by Nova Moore. 

“A Resolution to Acknowledge Toxic Course Teaching Methods in Universities and Analyze their Impact on Central Michigan University’s Enrollment,” authored by Senator Nova Moore.

“A Resolution to Integrate Town Halls into the Student Government Association,” authored by Senator Nova Moore.

“A Resolution to Call for Compensation for the Implications of the Misleading Statements Previously or Currently on the Institutions Website Regarding Dining Facilities,” authored by Representative Rafael Garza. 

“A Resolution to Advocate for South Community’s Dining Facility to offer Full Hours of Operations or Creation of a New Meal Plan Option for South Community Residents” authored by Representative Rafael Garza. 

“A Resolution for Central Michigan University to Suspend Classes on Election Day” authored by Senator Evan Carlson. 

“A Resolution to Reform Student Budget Allocation Committee Surplus Funds” authored by Director of Internal Affairs Max Ranger.

“A Resolution for the Central Michigan University Student Government Association to Formally Recognize Black History Month,” authored by Senators Christian Toney, Nolan Henson and Lauren Hull. 

“A Resolution to Reallocate the Student Budget Allocation Committee Funding,” authored by Senator Lauren Hull.

“A Resolution to Revitalize the Outdoor Back Patio Area of the Central Eats Food Court in the University Center,” authored by Senator Lauren Hull. 

Legislation passed by the Senate

“A Resolution to Recognize Severe Weather Awareness Week and Encourage Steps to Promote the Safety of the Campus Community” authored by Representative Scott Thomas.

“A Legislative Bill to Create a Student Government Association Orientation Video” authored by Senator Nova Moore.

“A Resolution to Integrate Town Halls into the Student Government Association” authored by Senator Nova Moore.

“A Resolution to Acknowledge Toxic Course Teaching Methods in Universities and Analyze their Impact on Central Michigan University’s Enrollment” authored by Senator Nova Moore. 

Announcements

The final SGA meeting of the semester is on April 11. 

Taylor Idema, Natalie Brant and Mary Demirkol will be inaugurated to the 2022-2023 SGA executive board on April 18th.