CMU men's basketball to play at Michigan Dec. 30

sja-4597
The CMU Men’s basketball team warms up before their game against (team) on Thursday, March 10 at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse in Cleveland, Ohio.

Central Michigan men's basketball will travel to Ann Arbor as part of the non-conference portion of the 2022-23 season. 

The Chippewas will play the Michigan Wolverines Dec. 30, according to a report from MLive's Andrew Kahn. CMU will receive a $90,000 payout for the trip, according to Kahn's report. 

It will be the 26th all-time meeting, with Michigan leading the series 22-3. The last time these two foes met was in 2017, with the Wolverines defeating CMU 72-65. The Chippewas last beat Michigan on Dec. 3, 2002, in an 85-78 victory. 

Michigan was 19-15 last season. After reaching the NCAA Tournament as a No. 11 seed, the Wolverines upset Colorado State and Tennessee to reach the Sweet 16. It was the program's fifth consecutive appearance in the second weekend and second under head coach Juwan Howard. 

CMU has yet to release its full non-conference schedule. It is known that the Chippewas will be participating in the SoCal Challenge Nov. 21-23, beginning with a game against High Point. Additionally, games against Minnesota, Missouri State and Youngstown State have been reported by The D1Docket.