CMU Board of Trustees to meet this week

Anyone wanting to make a public comment must fill out a request

The Central Michigan University Board of Trustees met for its formal session Feb. 17 in the Bovee University Center President's Conference Room.

The Central Michigan University Board of Trustees will hold several committee meetings and a formal session on Sept. 21 and 22.  

Board meetings are held once per semester. Committee meetings will be from 12:30 to 6 p.m. on Sept. 21 and the formal session will start at 10 a.m. on Sept. 22. All sessions are held in the President's Conference Room in the Bovee University Center with an option to watch virtually. 

The meetings are open to the university community and the general public. There is room for up to 25 people to attend.

The following committees will meet Wednesday:  

• Health Care Special Committee: 12:30 to 1 p.m. 
  • Academic and Student Affairs Committee: 1:15 to 2:15 p.m. 
  • Finance and Facilities Committee: 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. 
  • Trustees-Faculty Liaison Committee: 3:45 to 4:45 p.m. 
  • Trustees-Student Liaison Committee: 5 to 6 p.m.  

The Health Care Special Committee will hear a presentation from Tom Masterson, dean of the College of Health Professions, about health care needs in the region. 

The Academic and Student Affairs Committee will discuss collaborative strategies for the offices of Academic Affairs, Student Affairs and Student Recruitment and Retention. 

The Finance and Facilities Committee will receive an update on the proposed Washington Commons project

The Trustees-Faculty Liaison Committee will hear a presentation about CMU's Critical Engagements series from History, World Languages and Culture faculty members Christi Brookes and Greg Smith. This year's theme is "Cities, Coasts and Everywhere Else." 

Lastly, the Trustees-Student Liaison Committee will get an update on the Student Food Pantry and reports from several student leaders. 

The agenda of Thursday's formal session includes reports from President Bob Davies and Wednesday's committees. Davies said the Fall 2022 enrollment numbers will be announced during the formal session.  

There will be two opportunities to make public comments during the board's formal session. Comments directly related to agenda items can be made near the beginning of the meeting, and all other comments can be made near the end. 

Anyone who wants to made a public comment to the board must fill out a request to address the board at least 24 hours before the meeting starts. Hard copies of requests will be accepted in person until the meeting starts. 

Public comments will be delivered in the order they were received by the Board Secretary. The policy governing public comment is included in Article IX on page 13 of the Board of Trustees bylaws.  

Livestreams are available for both Wednesday's committee meetings and Thursday's formal session