Hot chocolate social for CMU faculty, staff

dsc-4076

Snowfall on Fabiano Gardens Thursday, Jan. 26.

Tired of grading students’ homework when its cold and snowy outside? Get hot chocolate and chat with your colleagues! 

“Hot chocolate social” for Central Michigan University faculty and staff takes place from 2 to 3:30 p.m. on Jan. 30 in Powers Hall ballroom. 

According to CMU’s website, CMU President Bob Davies and Mrs. Davies are holding a social hour for faculty and staff. 

Davies said he hopes that the event will provide an opportunity for faculty and staff to make connections.

"At CMU, we are a community, and part of fostering strong relationships between and among individuals is providing time and space for those relationships to grow," Davies said. "I hope this will be a time to come together, to build community and to enjoy each other’s company."

Guests are invited to “grab a warm cup of cocoa and a sweet treat,” the website said.

Davies said he likes his hot chocolate with a cookie, but not marshmallows. Nevertheless, "what goes best with hot chocolate, though, is good company and good conversation – especially on a cold winter day,” he said.

The idea of the event emerged from a conversation with faculty and staff leaders, Davies said.

"Unlike the fall semester, the spring semester often begins without many opportunities for socializing," Davies said. "Each of these faculty and staff leaders suggested finding a way to bring our faculty and staff together earlier in the semester."

The event is sponsored by the President’s office according to CMU’s website.

For more information, contact Krista Holtgreive, CMU event and ceremonies coordinator, by calling 989-774-7392 or by emailing holtg1ks@cmich.edu