Hearing from women working on campus in male-dominated fields, March 21

bovee-uc

CMU students walk outside the Bovee University Center on Feb. 28. 

The Office of LGBTQ Services and Gender Equity Programs is partnering with the Career Development Center to host Salary Negotiations for Underrepresented Communities with Career Services on Tuesday, March 21. Food will be provided. 

The event will take place from 12 to 1 p.m. at the Bovee University Center in rooms Gold (219) and Chippewa (220). According to the Office of LGBTQ Services and Gender Equity Programs, attendees will have the opportunity to hear presentations from women who work on campus to share their experiences working in fields that are male-dominated. There will also be discussions on how to navigate these fields, how to negotiate salaries and how to advocate for yourself in the workplace. 

This event is one of many that the Office of LGBTQ Services and Gender Equity Programs is hosting this month in celebration of Women’s History Month. Other events being hosted this month include a showing of the film The Light Within Us and a Wellness Workshop. Anyone interested in learning more about these upcoming events can click here.

Anyone interested in attending the Salary Negotiations for Underrepresented Communities with Career Services may RSVP here

If you want to learn more or have any questions concerning this event or other upcoming events hosted by the Office of LGBTQ Services and Gender Equity Programs, feel free to email LGBTQ@cmich.edu or call (989) 774-4442. Director of the Office of LGBTQ Services and Gender Equity Programs Shannon Jolliff-Dettore is also available at jolli1sm@cmich.edu to answer any questions about upcoming events.