CRIME LOG: CMUPD responds to several traffic accidents

dsc-8594
A police car Saturday, Oct. 29 outside the Central Michigan University Police Department.

The following incidents were among those handled by the Central Michigan University Police Department in the period from March 31 to April 7. 

April 2

CMUPD responded to a property damage call on 330 Ojibway St.. Female, 20, reported damage to her vehicle that was parked on campus in parking lot 45. She noticed a crack in the car’s windshield and a battery that was falling under the windshield wiper. She didn’t know who threw the battery at her windshield that was believed to cause damage. No suspect was identified.

April 3

CMUPD was called around 9 a.m. by a female who hit a vehicle on campus in parking lot 33. The case is closed, and the future of the incident will be decided with an insurance company. 

Another traffic accident was reported that day around 10:35 a.m. at the intersection of Denison St. and Crawford St. The first vehicle on the Crawford St. was waiting to turn on to Denison St., the second vehicle was behind the first one. The driver of the second vehicle reached to grab something, and when she looked up, she saw that the first vehicle stopped. It was too late for her to hit the brakes. Both vehicles sustained minor damage.

Male, 18, reported his wallet with credit cards, driver license and other things stolen. There was an attempt to use the credit card at a restaurant in Mount Pleasant. CMUPD went to the restaurant, but didn’t get any information. The case is closed. 

CMUPD responded to a domestic incident involving a male, 19, who was an offender and a female, 19, victim. The female came to CMUPD seeking information about Personal Protection Order and domestic assault that happened in her room. She said an offender slapped her on the face, hid her phone and shoes from her. Male denied touching her. The case has been turned over to the prosecutor's office.

April 4

CMUPD was called at around 3:25 p.m. from outside Towers. Female, 18, was hit by a bicycle near the railroad tracks. She didn’t see who hit her. She received minor injuries. Suspect was not identified.

April 5

CMUPD responded to a traffic offense at around 9:30 p.m. on the intersection of the Bellow St. and Franklin St. Male, 24, on his vehicle ignored the stop sign. His license plate was expired, he didn’t have any insurance. The officer issued him an appearance ticket.