Board of trustees to meet new SGA executives and receive updates on campus life

d-bot-art-021623-01
President Bob Davies gives a report to the CMU Board of Trustees on Feb. 16. Davies began his report by acknowledging the recent shooting at Michigan State University and asking for a moment of silence.

This Wednesday and Thursday, the Central Michigan University Board of Trustees will meet to discuss different aspects of campus activities, including academics, residence life, and finances. 

The committee meetings will happen from 1:10 to 6:00 p.m. on April 19 in the Bovee University Center President’s Conference Room, according to the CMU website. The formal meeting on April 20 will be held in the same place and start at 1 p.m.  

This is the schedule for the committee meetings on April 19: 

• Policy and Bylaws Committee: 1:10 to 1:25 p.m.
  • Academic and Student Affairs Committee: 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
  • Finance and Facilities Committee: 2:45 to 3:45 p.m.
  • Trustees-Faculty Liaison Committee: 4 to 5 p.m.
  • Trustees-Student Liaison Committee: 5 to 6 p.m.

According to the meeting agendas on CMU’s website, the Policy and Bylaws Committee is expected to discuss a new traffic control order. 

The Academic and Student Affairs Committee will hear an update from three different individuals. 

James Span, executive director of student inclusion and diversity will discuss student affairs. Ben Swarts, a faculty member in the department of chemistry and biochemistry is presenting an update from academic affairs. And, lastly, Vice President of Student Recruitment and Retention Jennifer DeHaemers will give an update on enrollment. 

The Finance and Facilities Committee will receive updates on the budget model as well as the plans for North Complex from residence life. 

A “Point of Pride” presentation will be heard by the trustees-faculty liaison committee from the College of Education and Human Services about a disability services minor. 

At the last committee meeting of the day, the Trustees-Student Liaison Committee will be introduced to the next Student Government Association President and Vice President and hear a report from the Residence Housing Association Director. 

During the formal session on Thursday, the board will hear a report from the President and updates from each committee before voting on eight different items on the consent agenda. During this meeting, there will be two opportunities for public comment. 

Requests to address the board, however, must be filled out 24 hours in advance. 

To livestream the meetings, either on Wednesday or Thursday, use this link.