CRIME LOG: MPPD responds to drug overdoses, domestic abuse

housing_1
East Campus housing dorms entrance Monday May 29th, 2023

The following incidents were among those handled by the Central Michigan University Police Department and Mount Pleasant Police Department in the period of Nov. 2 through Nov. 13.

Nov. 2

CMUPD got reports of a hit-and-run incident that happened at 11 a.m. on Mission and Broomfield Streets. Victim was a 20-year-old female. Suspect, whose vehicle didn't stop, was a 20-year-old male. Both vehicles were damaged as the suspect made an improper turn. There were no injuries.

Nov. 3

CMUPD stopped a vehicle at 12:49 p.m. at Olympic Drive near Mission Street for broken brake light, no insurance, expired plate and expired registration. Suspect was a 29-year-old female. 

Nov. 4 

CMUPD received a report at 2:45 p.m. of a civil matter incident. Individual was repairing an Xbox and had it in possession for over 3 months. Complainant received no texts from repairer. Both complainant and repairer were 19-year-old males.

Nov. 11 

CMUPD responded to a suspicious situation 1:15p.m in Emmons Hall .The incident happened between a female and a male with former romantic relationships. Female asked male to stop talking to her, but he violated her request. Officers said the offender will be charged with stalking, if he keeps reaching out to the victim. Female was 19 years old, male was 20 years old.

Nov. 12

MPPD officers were dispatched to investigate a trespass complaint. A homeless person was sleeping in a hallway at 11:13 a.m. at 100 Block Broadway St. The person was gone, but left a backpack and trash in the hallway. 

MPPD officers responded to the two report of an unresponsive people who was overdosing on drugsat 8:45 p.m. and at 12:51 p.m. First person was a 39-year-old male at 1100 Block Robert St. Second person was a 36-year-old male at 1700 Block Stockman Rd. Officers administered Narcan on both scenes and successfully revived the subjects. They both are expected to recover. 

MPPD officers were dispatched to a breaking and entering complaint at 6:12 p.m. at 500 Block W. Broadway St. Officers arrived and found a window broken on the commercial building. Further investigation revealed that a deer had broken through the window and was trapped inside. Officers were able to open the front door to the building and let the animal out. 

Nov. 13

CMUPD responded to a call about domestic violence in Cobb Hall at 4 p.m. Both a victim, female, and a suspect, male, were 21 years old. They were in a relationship. There was an argument between the two. The victim interrupted phone call during argument. The offender got on top of the victim and choked her. Female went to hospital and the male left the scene. He was found the next day by CMUPD.